Many indulgent recipes can easily be simplified to avoid unnecessary fats, calories, sugar and guilt. This is one that is as simple as 2 ingredients and 15 minutes of your time.
Consisting of just unsweetened shredded coconut and egg whites, this delicious dessert can actually help you shed weight with its no-sugar, simple and natural ingredients.
Benefits of Coconut Meat;
- High MCT (Medium-Chain Triglycerides) Fatty Acids- The fat found in coconuts is instantly converted into fuel by the liver leaving little to none fat-storage.
- Contains vitamins A and E to work together to decrease the levels of LDL cholesterol which prevents heart disease.
- Improves digestion and absorption of vitamins/minerals
- Anti-fungal / anti-bacterial
Benefits of Egg Whites;
- Fat-free source of protein
- Lowers blood pressure
- Good source of b-12 vitamins
It is best to use whole eggs in your total diet for optimal nutritional benefits, but within this recipe, the yolk might overpower the delicate coconut so stick to just the whites.
You can also dip the macaroons in melted dark chocolate for an extra-decadent treat. Yum!!